SMX-U1. The new ultrasonic microphone for SM2BAT+article diffusé
SMX-U1 : The new ultrasonic microphone for SM2BAT+ (for bats).
Here's the short story:
- New FG element. The same kind we use for our top-of-the-line Song Meter SM3BAT and SMZC recorders.
- Totally new weather-proof design. The FG element and new weather-proof membrane means years of reliable recordings in the harshest of weather.
- More robust construction using a stainless steel barrel and reinforced connector (rather than glue) provides peace of mind.
- Improved signal to noise ratio over SMX-US for cleaner recordings.
- Superior frequency response compared to the SMX-US.
And finally, the new SMX-U1 will work with your existing SM2 microphone cables as well as the directional horn attachment.
Gain integred, it is recommended to set the SM2BAT + with gain 12dB in normal recording conditions, or 0dB if you are close to the bats.
Now comes with a "windscreen", following the recommendations of Wildlife Acoustics
Payments by credit card will be systematically checked by our bank before shipping (time extended by one week).
Please choose payment by bank transfer to save time.